St. Columban’s Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other
information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such
possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data
Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Vestry of the Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury together with the
Bishop’s Committee of St. Columban’s Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe is the data
controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data
is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Vestry of the Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury and the Bishop’s
Committee of St. Columban’s Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe comply with their
obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and
destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by
protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To fulfil our purpose as specified in our bylaws: “The purpose of the Church is
the spreading of God’s word, the promotion of Christian living and the pastoral
care of its members in accordance with the teachings of the Anglican Episcopal
Church. This purpose is carried out through regular services, religious teaching,
pastoral care of church members and non-members, and the care and fostering
of church life and church music.”
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the Church;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of tax
certificates = “Zuwendungsbescheinigungen”);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at St. Columban’s
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about
parish news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about
ecumenical and Convocation events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to tax
certificates or under employment, social security or social protection law;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit association with a political,
philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have
regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared
with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church
members or for purposes connected with the church or with external data
processors (Ionos) on the basis of data processing
agreement in accordance with the GDPR (Art. 28). In all other cases, we will only
share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with legal retention requirements and usual church
Specifically, we retain membership and electoral roll data while it is still current
and for 10 years after the member has left; tax certificates
(Zuwendungsbescheinigungen) and associated paperwork for 10 years after the
calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, confirmations,
marriages, funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights
with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Vestry of the Church
of St. Augustine of Canterbury or the Bishop’s Committee of St. Columban’s
Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe holds about you;
• The right to request that the Vestry of the Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury
or the Bishop’s Committee of St. Columban’s Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe
corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer
necessary for the Vestry of the Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury or the
Bishop’s Committee of St. Columban’s Episcopal Church, Karlsruhe to retain
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of
your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer for Hessen.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data
Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new
use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes
and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your
prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance
contact the Parish Administrator at:
St. Columban's Episcopal Church Karlsruhe
c/o Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury e.V.
Frankfurter Straße 3
Tel.: +49 611 306674
You can contact the Data Protection Officer for Hessen under:
Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte, Postfach 3163, 65021 Wiesbaden
Telefon: +49 611 1408 – 0 Telefax: +49 611 1408 – 900
Version Dated: 14 November 2023
Wir benötigen Ihre Zustimmung zum Laden der Übersetzungen
Wir nutzen einen Drittanbieter-Service, um den Inhalt der Website zu übersetzen, der möglicherweise Daten über Ihre Aktivitäten sammelt. Bitte prüfen Sie die Details und akzeptieren Sie den Dienst, um die Übersetzungen zu sehen.